Skip to Content

Sample Statement by Qualified Third Party

You can use this sample letter if you're trying to end your lease early because of domestic violence and your landlord asks for proof that you were a victim. 

After completing the top half of the letter, ask a domestic violence advocate, victim's advocate, police officer, attorney, or licensed health professional to complete the bottom half of the letter.

  1. Give the completed letter to your landlord in-person or by mail, and
  2. Save a copy for your records. 

For more information on housing protections for victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sexual assault, go here