Replacing Public Benefits Lost Due to Wildfires

Read this in: Spanish / Español
Authored By: Oregon Law Center and Legal Aid Services of Oregon


Replace lost food

People who get SNAP but lost food they had already purchased due to fire/spoilage as a result of the fires or evacuation can get replacement benefits. Individuals should contact their closest open Oregon DHS office to ask for replacement benefits within 10 days of losing the food. Unfortunately, lost PEBT benefits are not covered by this replacement program, only SNAP benefits. Find the closest Oregon DHS office here:‐Sufficiency.aspx 

Replace lost Oregon Trail Cards

People who lost their Oregon Trail Card (the electronic benefit card for TANF and SNAP benefits ) in the fire/evacuation and need a replacement need to call their local DHS branch office, or the closest one that is open, to request a new card. Note: the regular Oregon Trail Replacement Care Phone Line is not working because that office had to close due to fires.

Find the closest Oregon DHS office here:‐Sufficiency.aspx 

Replace lost Medical Equipment or Prescriptions

Lastly, individuals on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) who lost prescriptions and/or durable medical equipment (oxygen tanks, cpap machines, walkers, diabetic supplies, prosthetics, etc) can get replacements from OHP. People should contact their Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) to request replacement immediately, or their provider directly, if they are not assigned to a CCO. If people run into trouble getting replacement prescriptions or equipment, contact the OHA Ombuds office at or 1‐877‐642‐0450, or contact the Oregon Law Center/Legal Aid Services of Oregon Public Benefits Hotline at 1‐800‐520‐5292 for help.

Download the bilingual one-page PDF or read it online

Last Review and Update: Sep 16, 2020
Back to top